Category: Classified Staff
Department: Public Safety
Locations: Boston, MA
Posted: Feb 23, 2021
Ref No.: 128468
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College (BHCC) is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at several satellites and instructional sites throughout the Greater Boston area. The largest of the 15 community colleges in Massachusetts, BHCC serves some 18,000 students annually, focusing on holistic student services to ensure student retention and persistence. The College offers certificates and associate degrees, early college and dual enrollment, non-credit community and corporate training, and industry-specific training programs. BHCC is the 8th most diverse higher education institution in the United States, and is an Asian American and Pacific Islander Serving Institution. Bunker Hill is also a Hispanic Service Institution, defined as an institution that has an enrollment of undergrad full-time equivalent students that is at least 25 percent Hispanic students. Approximately 1000 international students attend from 100 countries, speaking more than 75 languages.
- Patrols campus buildings and adjacent areas
- Investigates crimes or other incidents restraining or arresting suspects when necessary
- Provides assistance to courts in prosecution of cases performs related work as
- required to ensure and maintain a secure campus environment
- Create a safe and welcoming campus to staff, students, faculty and visitors
- Possession of a Valid MA Class 3 Motor Vehicle Operators license;
- Eligibility for appointment as a Special State Police Officer under MGL 22C Sec. 63;
- High School Diploma required;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and attention to details are essential;
- Ability to pass extensive background investigation, CORI and SORI check that is conducted;
- Applicant must undergo and successfully pass a police entry level psychological exam;
- Ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff and student population;
- Must possess a current License to carry (LTC) from appropriate city or town;
- Municipal Police Training Committee's Reserve/Intermittent Academy;
- First Aid/CPR/AED Certified or ability to become certified upon employment.
- One year of full-time law-enforcement or related experience in campus environment preferred;
- Graduate of full-time Massachusetts Municipal Police Academy or equivalent preferred;
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
Closing Date: March 9, 2021
To be considered for this position please upload the following documents to your account:
- Cover Letter
Please be sure to address the Required Qualifications in your documents.
If you need assistance applying through this website please contact our online Help Desk HERE
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/X7Y84yUog7ZDsk1dteejd
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency