This ad is expired.
Administrative Associate I- Part Time, University Police
Location: San Antonio, TX
Job ID: 7177
Full/Part Time: Part Time
Org Marketing Statement
The University of Texas at San Antonio is a Hispanic Serving University specializing in cyber, health, fundamental futures, and social-economic development. With more than 34,000 students, it is the largest university in the San Antonio metropolitan region. UTSA advances knowledge through research and discovery, teaching and learning, community engagement and public service. The university embraces multicultural traditions and serves as a center for intellectual and creative resources as well as a catalyst for socioeconomic development and the commercialization of intellectual property-for Texas, the nation and the world. Learn more online, on UTSA Today or on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube or LinkedIn.
UTSA is situated in a global city that has been a crossroads of peoples and cultures for centuries, values diversity and inclusion in all aspects of university life. As an institution expressly founded to advance the education of Mexican Americans and other underserved communities, our university is committed to ending generations of discrimination and inequity. UTSA, a premier public research university, fosters academic excellence through a community of dialogue, discovery and innovation that embraces the uniqueness of each voice.
Posting End Date
Applications will be accepted through 11:59 PM CDT on 12/11/2021. At the discretion of the hiring department, this position posting may close once a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received.
Salary Range: $15 per hour
Hours per Week
Non- Exempt: 19 hours a week
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter
Function: To assist in the administration of a department and handle routine administrative decisions.
Scope: Responsible for the supervision of clerical staff and for supplying dependable and factual information for use by the department administrators.
- Uses initiative and independent judgment to relieve one or more administrators of routine matters and decisions.
- Composes, types, edits, proofreads and produces in final form correspondence and other documents.
- Develops and oversees the maintenance of office filing systems. Maintains complex and confidential files for administrators.
- Assists in preparing departmental budgets by gathering and compiling information and making recommendations.
- Collects data from various sources and analyzes for accuracy, completeness and relevance. Prepares complex, statistical, technical, financial, confidential and other various reports.
- Initiates paperwork or electronic documents for faculty and staff appointments. Coordinates courses and faculty teaching schedules.
- Supervises clerical staff members. Monitors workload, determines work priority and evaluates job progress.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Assists with special projects.
High School Diploma or GED and four years of increasingly responsible administrative, clerical or office experience. A Bachelor's degree may be substituted for experience.
- Knowledge of current methods and systems of bookkeeping, filing and purchasing.
- Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge in everyday work situations while utilizing independent judgment.
- Strong communication and written skills. Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Advance knowledge of university organizational structure, policies, rules and procedures.
- Similar experience with three or more years in higher education.
- One year of supervisory experience.
This position will be primarily located:
On Campus: Primary work location will be on campus
- UTSA is a tobacco free campus.
- This is a security sensitive position. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check.
- Applicants selected must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States by time of hire.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, it is the policy of The University of Texas at San Antonio to promote and ensure equal employment opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information, and veteran status. The University is committed to the Affirmative Action Program in compliance with all government requirements to ensure nondiscrimination. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. UTSA campuses are accessible to persons with disabilities.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to https://zahr-prd-candidate-ada.utshare.utsystem.edu/psp/ZAHRPRDADA/EMPLOYEE/UTZ_CG/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=7177&PostingSeq=1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency